Thursday, July 7, 2016

Miss Marilynn's NICU Grad Photo Shoot

Please enjoy Preemie Prints' families’ inspirational story & photos. 
Consider supporting our mission to share hope with families who have a baby born prematurely or critically ill. We thank our supporters, Preemie Prints volunteers, and donors for allowing us to continue touching the lives of NICU, preemie, and angel families.


We pray these special memories from Preemie Prints 
will help families heal and remember how strong 
they were in overcoming their NICU journey together.

A NICU STORY | THOUGHTS FROM MOM
“Hi mommies!
I'm Josie, I'm almost 21, married, and a mother to a miracle.

When I was just 25 weeks pregnant I went to the hospital on December 14th, because I had a high temp and a heart beat that felt like it was coming out of my chest. No way did I think I was really sick, they checked everything in the ER and it was normal; told me to go to labor and delivery. I did, was monitored for 2 hours then my heart rate and temp went sky-rocket they told me to go back to the ER. I did; I was rushed back, fluids started, got admitted and was in a few different rooms in the ER. Then they moved me to a different floor at almost 12am on December 14th. I remember the ICU nurses coming in and hooking me to a CPat (I didn't know that at the time). December 15 I really don't remember, but I was intubated after many more test when they found out I had pneumonia and respiratory failure. They put me in a medical induced coma on, I believe, the 18th because I couldn't breathe. I was on a ventilator.
The on-call OB doctor came in on the 24th and told my parents that he had to do an emergency C-Section, because I wasn't getting better and I was going to die and so was my daughter. My parents called my husband that just went to the store and told him to get down there because they were rushing me into surgery and he had to sign all the papers. He got there and my miracle princess was born at 2:56 pm Christmas Eve weighing 2lbs 9oz 27+6 gestational age

I woke up a little after she was born but don't remember. Then on Christmas they were able to take me off the tubes and put a nasal canal on. I finally came to and realized my stomach was flat my first words when I was able to talk was, ‘Where's my baby?’. All I was shown was pictures. She got transferred to a different hospital. I was discharged New Year's Eve, and finally met my baby on New Years Day, 8days after she was born. She spent 51 days in the NICU. She amazed all her doctors every day . Her doctor always said she was the ideal preemie. She's my world. She's now above 10lbs"




Marilynn’s photo session was taken and donated by Preemie Prints volunteer photographer, Crystal Trevino.


A Note From Crystal:
“Hi! I had the pleasure of working with Marilynn and her mommy and daddy today. They both just love her so much. Marilynn was such a good baby and didn't fuss once. She loved watching her parents work to try to get a smile out of her. I hope her parents enjoy the pictures.”



Photos belong to our volunteer photographers, families, 
and organization please do not use for any purpose. 
____________________________________________

Preemie Prints is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization sharing hope with NICU families through a variety of support programs. One of those programs is the gift of NICU photography and preemie photography. NICU families from across the US can request a no-charge photography session by a Preemie Prints volunteer. The family request from can be found on the right side of our website. These sessions are free of charge and for any NICU family, regardless of time spent in the NICU. The NICU photo shoot can take place inside the NICU or after baby is discharged and at home until their 1st birthday. Facing time in a NICU with a premature or critically ill baby is an extremely difficult time for families. Preemie Prints has a mission to share hope by letting families know they are not alone. Preemie Prints currently has over 100 volunteers nationwide. We are always looking for more volunteers to share in our mission! If you are interested, please email sherri@preemieprints.org and visit our website at www.preemieprints.org. To date Preemie Prints and our volunteers have gifted over 400 NICU family sessions. 

This was a Preemie Prints NICU graduate photography session that took place near Bakersfield, CA.


We're thankful to the family for sharing their story & memories in support of other NICU families.

No comments:

Post a Comment